Monday, April 15, 2013

Gettin Ready

I've been thinking lately.

Dangerous I know,

But still, I have.

I was thinking about Emma.

Emma wakes up early in the morning. She wants a bottle and then she will fall back to sleep for another couple hours.

I hear her stirring.

I hear her start to whimper.

She starts to cry with this pathetic little desperate cry. Like no one can hear her, like no one cares.

But you see I do hear. Almost as soon as I hear her stirring, I get up and start getting ready her bottle.

Sometimes, I have to wash one out.

I have to prepare the bottle, and wait for it it to heat up. It takes time to get it ready.

While I am in the kitchen getting things ready, it doesn't mean that I don't hear her.  I do hear her. I want to tell her that it will be ok. That I am working on it. That I am coming, that I am just getting it ready, but b/c she is whining and crying she isn't able to hear my voice.

I wonder if that is how God is. He hears us.

He hears us when we start to whimper.

He hears us when we wail and moan before him.

I wonder what He is trying to speak over us. What we aren't hearing b/c we aren't still and quiet. What we miss when we are crying our desperate little cry, that cry like no one can hear us and like no one cares.

So many of my dear friends are walking through tough times.

 real trials.

Trials where the only one that can bring help is God himself.

My heart aches for them. truly. I spent so much time through out the day praying for Gods intervention.


I know the burden that can be so heavy at times that you feel like you can barely stand under the pressure. Dear one, cry to Jesus. HE is big enough, strong enough to carry the weight of it.

With Emma once the bottle is done, then I go to her. I scoop her up, I sing songs and words of comfort and love over her. Once she is calm, once she is ready, then I can give her her bottle. The thing her heart has desired.

Yes, I wonder if that is how God is.

I think He desires us to be still. And when we aren't, he will come and pick us up, he will sing songs of comfort and love over us.

How?? I can't really explain. Other then a stillness in my soul, and quietness in my heart.

And once we are calm, once we are still, then He will give us what our soul longs for.

Whether it's rest, or healing, or peace, whatever it is, God in his goodness will give it.

Sometimes He's in the kitchen....gettin ready

Sometimes He's picking us up and sing songs over us

And sometimes.....He is pouring out his blessing.

His blessing to me this morning:

A quietness of the soul. A KNOWING that he was speaking to me.

I read Joel 2 this morning. What beautiful verses.

Joel 2:19 - The Lord replied to them: I am sending you grain, new wine and olive oil, enough to satisfy you fully; never again will I make you an object of scorn to the nations.

21 - Surely he has done great things! Do not be afraid, land of Judah; be glad and rejoice. Surely the Lord has done great things!

25a - I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten

26 - you will have plenty to eat, until you are full. And you will praise the Lord your God, who has worked wonders for you; never again will my people be shamed.