Psalm 89:9~ Thou rulest the raging of the sea: when the waves thereof arise, thou stillest them.
What joy I have in knowing that the Lord stills the raging storm in our hearts and minds.
Psalm 91
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
Dwelleth~to sit in quiet and remain there....
Lord, help me to always dwell in your presence. May nothing ever happen that would cause me to turn away from you. Be always my refuge, especially when my waters arise and are raging. Hold me continually under the shadow of your wings.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust .
Fortress~a place of exceptional security...
Be my fortress Lord. My strong tower, the One I lean on and run to.
3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
One thing I love in life is to be curled up under a warm blanket. Especially on a cold night. I get such a sense of warmth and peace. Imagine how much greater warmth and peace there is being cover under his feathers. Being protected by his wings.
5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Wow!! He shall give his angels charge over me. They will bear me in their hands, lest I dash my foot against a stone.
13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high , because he hath known my name.
15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.
I think this chapter might just be one of my favorite in the whole Bible.
Last week was a very emotional week for me, for reasons I won't discuss. There is no denying that bad things will happen in life. There is no denying that sad things will happen. That things we just don't understand will happen. There will be times that we are just. so. disappointed.
1 thing I KNOW.....
That through my disappointment,
Through my hurt.
Through my heartache.
God is still faithful.
God has been wrapping his faithfulness around me lately.
He has put a song in my heart.
He has really impressed upon me 2 songs
Verse 3 of Great is thy faithfulness.....
Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow
Blessing all mine with ten thousand besides
Great is thy faithfulness
great is thy faithfulness
morning by morning new mercies I see
All I have needed thy hand hath provided
Great is thy faithfulness Lord unto me.
And verse 2 of a song called God's been Good
Times replay and I can see I've cried some bitter tears
But I felt his arms around me as I faced my greatest fears.
You see I've had my gains and losses
and I've known more joy then hurt
as his grace rolled down around me undeserved.
God has been my father, my saviour and my friend.
His love was my beginning and his love will be my end.
I could spend forever trying to tell you everything He is,
But the best way I can say it is this...
God's been good in my life. I feel blessed beyond my wildest dream
when I go to sleep each night
and though I've had my share of hard times
I wouldn't change them if I could
cause through it all, God's been good.
What a friend we have in Jesus. He will all our burdens bear. Have you trials or temptations, take it to the Lord in prayer.
Psalm 94:17-19
~ unless the Lord had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence. When I said, my foot slippeth; thy mercy O Lord held me up. In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.
What a beautiful verse.
Have your thoughts ever consumed you? Have you ever just. wanted. to. stop. thinking?!?!
Man have I been there. I have been so thankful for His comforts. His little graces that He gives me on a daily basis.
Lord, thank you for wiping away tears, thank you for your daily strength, for your love and your mercy.
Can you say that your cup runneth over today? Sometimes our cup gets just so heavy to carry. But rest in the knowledge that your cup is secure. Rest in the fact that He. Is. GOD. That is grace is sufficient. That His ways are not your ways. But His ways are best. Rest in the fact that in the multitude of your thoughts, his comforts will delight your soul. They did mine.
1 comment:
:) I love you.
Post a Comment