Saturday, November 7, 2009

A day to be ThaNkfuL

Happy Saturday!!! What a beautiful Saturday this is. I have been looking forward to this day all week. I am thinking this will be 1 of the last good 1's for the year. I hope you get out and enjoy some of it!

The kids could hardly wait to get outside this morning. After (thankfully) sleeping in, and after breakfast, they were outside raking the yard. You read that right....raking the yard. Brother has had this project all week to rake the yard. We haven't asked him to, he has just been outside after school until it gets dark.....raking. It has been so cute to watch. He would have all the rakes out there with his big Tonka trucks. He and the neighbor boy would make trails in the leaves with his trucks and then they would drive the trucks all around the trails. When they would get sick of that....they would rake the leaves into big piles and bag them up.

I think that they bagged up maybe 10 bags just by themselves. I have been proud of them all week.


This morning after raking most of the rest of the leaves, he decided he wanted to mow. So he got the mower out and started mowing.

I love how he can barely see over the mower.


But he has been diligently working at it, and is almost done with it now.

Hunny helps him empty the bag, and Hunny is working at Brother mowing in a straight line......that 1 might take some time.

But he is doing it. And you can tell he is enjoying it, and feels a sense of accomplishment. I am so very proud of him.

While Brother is mowing.... Hunny and Dada are playing checkers.

I love Dada's look on her face here. I wonder if she is trying to decide if Daddy is cheating or not.


They...I mean Dada... quit playing after Dada started losing.

Today, I am very grateful for my happy, healthy children. My heart is full and yet a little sad. My heart is hurting for the sadness that lies ahead for the Ives. I wish that I could take the pain away from their lives. Please continue to pray for them.

Today also marks a year since our accident. I am so thankful that everyone has recovered, and recovered fully.

The lady who hit us, is still battling it out in the court. She is denying any responsibility, and blaming me. The state is prosecuting her on a felony. I do hope she sees jail time. Since the accident she has been pulled over again for a speeding ticket.

I am not angry with her, I just wish that she would own up to what she has done.

1 comment:

Cindy Swanson said...

Love these pics, Julie! That's so cute that Nathan wants to help in the yard. Your kids are beautiful!