I sit here tonight a different person then I was 6 months ago. November 7th, the night of that terrible accident changed me. If you would have asked me 3 months ago if the accident changed me, I would have denied it to my death. But now, I can accept it. How could I not go through the accident and all the strain and stress that we have gone through since the accident and not come out different.
I can honestly say that I am thankful for the accident. As hard as it was and is to go through, there have been good things to come out of it. The thing I am most thankful for is my continual daily walk and dependence upon Christ for all that I am.
I will admit that I was and still am struggling with the whole being without my van. I loved and miss my van. Today in my Bible reading, 2 Cor 4:18 says~while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
That van is temporal, it's a thing. We all survived that accident. We are all healed and healthy. The spiritual growth that has come from the accident is eternal. I have been able to share with so many people all the good that God has done for our lives and continues to do in our life because of that accident. That is eternal. That is what this whole thing is about.
Verse 17 of that same chapter says ~ For our light affliction which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.
That night is so long ago, and while we are still feeling the effects of that night, it is still just a moment in time. But it is working an eternal weight.
God does things in his time. I cannot forget that. We have been borrowing my boss's car. They had an extra car just laying around, and they offered it to us. Their daughter is in college and they didn't need it until she came back for the summer.
Hunny is still layed off, and there just isn't extra money laying around. So our truck has sat all winter with no money to fix it. Last week our Pastor called and said that money came in to help fix our truck. He asked how much we needed and had a check waiting for us on Sunday.
God does things in his time. My boss's daughter will be home next week. We were going to have to give the car back.
Hunny ordered the part and it came in today. With a little help from Joy's boyfriend Andrew, (THANK YOU ANDREW!!!) Our truck still sits in the garage, but tonight it works!!!
I am overwhelmed.
I am learning that God's ways are not our ways. I would have written a completely different ending to this saga. One that would have ended 5 and 1/2 months ago and would have included all medical bills paid, a brand new van, and the lady in prison. But my way wouldn't have included the lessons in waiting and trusting, and falling on my knees before God. My ways are not God's ways. God's ways are for my betterment.
I love these verses in Jeremiah 29
29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
29:12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find [me], when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
29:14 And I will be found of you, saith the LORD: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the LORD; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive.
No, my ways are not God's ways, but his ways are best and in that I am, and have to continue to rest.
My prayer is that God will continue to lead in our lives. I pray that we continue to rest in him. Hunny still needs a job. Thankfully Hunny is able to work with Kevin some days, and that helps so much! But please pray that a permanent job will open soon. We have some needs in our life that are weighting heavy on our hearts.
James 5:16a ~ The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
I am so thankful that even through all this, I have hope in Christ.
5 comments:
YOu amaze me.
I know you have hated to hear it, but you are a different woman, and it is a good way. I am glad you see it too :)
God does provide in unspeakable ways...and you have grown in unspeakable ways! You and Jeremy mean so much to Kevin and I. We are blessed by YOUR friendships!
Love you, girl!!
:-) I love you! God is good, that is all I can say!
Again, Julie, you ARE deserving- of the love and support of your family and friends, of the unspeakable gifts God gives if we just let him do things his way and in his time.
I want to tell you I love your blog- you have grown soo much and have become a woman I cherish and look up to! We grew up together but we have become different people from the children we were those years ago. Anyway, I love you Julie. I will pray that Jeremy will be back to work soon and Bryan too! :)
Why is it - things never work out the way we would like them to, and yet, in the end, it was always the way that made us more Christlike? I can never seem to learn that lesson! I am SO happy to hear Dada is completely healed. :-)
I hear you on missing your car. When we lost Brett's van, it was such a shock. I know he misses his independence A LOT. I'll be praying for jobs for both our husbands!
Post a Comment