Monday, February 21, 2011

Made To Crave


1 of the places that kinda holds a special place in my heart is Beef A Roo. I know. I know. Not a typical place of endearment. BUT....it's where Hunny and I dated. A lot. I would get the 3 piece chicken strip meal and only be able to eat 2 pieces so he would get the last piece of chicken. And he would get usually the ham N swiss combo.
Have I mentioned the fries over there at Beef A Roo? No, I haven't. They really should be listed under my blog post title...things I love. They are almost the perfect fry. You can smother them with cheese or just plain ketchup and salt, the way I prefer. Yes. Beef A Roo holds many memories for us. We used to go to the old fashioned one on the south side of town. I used to always play the song yellow polka dot bikini on the juke box. :)
Since Hunny has been back to working nights for the past couple weeks, I was able to take a lunch break last week and go to lunch with him. ( Thanks Doug!!)
I will admit that I was slightly worried about what I was going to eat for lunch. What I REALLY wanted was that 3 piece chicken strip meal with the golden french fries drizzled with ketchup and salt with a tall glass of ice cold Mt Dew. THAT'S what I really wanted.
But......
What I got was the southwest black bean salad with a giant glass of lemon water. And if you are wondering yes, I did eat the sour cream. But I didn't eat the fried shredded tortilla chips.
While Hunny was up getting the food I had a heart to heart with God. I told him that what I really wanted was fries and that I didn't really think it was necessary that I not be able to have them. I told him that while I chose that salad that I didn't even know if I would like, what I really needed was for him to fill me, for him to satisfy my hunger and not make me hungry for more.
It was hard. I have to admit it. There were many times I looked longingly at Hunny's fries and ice glass of Mt. Dew.
But my prayer was answered.
I left the table that day satisfied. I didn't NEED even 1 of Hunny's fries. I am very grateful that God gave me the victory that day.
If I did it. Then you can to.
What will your next choice be?

2 comments:

Tancy Griffin said...

I LOVE that salad. It is my favorite!

and the taco strips don't have much really. seriously. LIke 35 :)

LA Mama said...

I am proud of you! You are doing great!!! I'm hanging in there... E got a digital scale, which shows me that our old one was seriously wrong... so I have no idea how much I weighed initially and how much I have lost. haha Oh, well.