Last night I had an awful dream. I will spare you the details, but my dream brought up some very real fears that I have struggled with in my life. I woke up to my alarm remembering vividly my dreams. I got up and started to read my Bible. I had such a hard time concentrating on the verses I was reading. My mind just kept going back to my dream. I stopped reading and simply prayed that the Lord would clear my mind and put my mind to rest. I prayed that He would show me something that would last with me the day.
You know, sometimes you pray a little prayer and not really expect that it be answered, especially so quickly.
I continued to read and was soon struck smack in the forehead by this verse......
Proverbs 1:33~ But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell in safety and shall be quiet from fear of evil.
The Lord spoke directly to my heart and directly to my fears and told me that it would be alright. That He had it all under control.
I cannot tell you what that simple little verse, and that simple little answer to my simple little prayer did for me today.
It was enough to know that my God lives. That my God cares. That my God meets even the smallest of needs.
1 comment:
:)
Post a Comment