Thursday, October 28, 2010

Names

Have you ever thought about the many names of God? I have known for what seems like forever that God has many different names.

How many names of God do you know? Have you ever thought about it? I can name of few maybe if I think really hard. Have the names of God been made real in your life?

Let me try and explain.

In this study I am doing, it was talking about the names of God. And how through the Bible, God revealed different parts of himself....his names.....to different people at different times throughout the Bible. And when God revealed himself, the person didn't just know it in their head about God, they KNEW it in their heart.

So I thought about that for a while and I wrote down a couple of the names that I know about God.

He is my Comforter

He is my God of Peace

He is my Provider

He is my Healer

He is my God of Grace

He is my My Hiding Place

He is my Shelter in the time of storm

He is my Protector

He is my My Hope

He is my Potter

He is my Gardner - my Pruner

He is my Father

These are a couple that I can look back to a specific time where I really felt where God showed himself to me. And I KNOW these things ABOUT him. He made each of these names real in my life and I know them in my heart to be TRUE.

It made me thankful for the times, even though some were so difficult so...almost unbearable to walk through, but it was worth it to see God, to know God better.

So take heart you who are struggling in Life. You who wants to give up in this trial that is so heavy. God just wants to show you something of who he is. He wants you to know ABOUT Himself. Not just know of Him.

No comments: