
We found the perfect curtains. I really like them, and I think it adds so much to the room.

I really like how we rearranged it. Everything just fits and it looks super nice!

I am so glad that we took the time to do it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last Saturday was another beautiful day. The kids ran outside right after breakfast and were out there most of the day.
The 1st thing they did was build a fort. They got the brilliant idea to use my garden fencing stakes for the sides and our painting plastic for the roof.
They also used rugs and cardboard for the floor.
Pretty imaginative if you ask me.

Later, they took the stakes and made a fence for the tree. Why you ask??? I have no idea, but they were having fun and working together. Which I thought was great.
You wanna know a difference between my hubby and myself??? Let me explain.
Not only were they making a fence for the tree, but they were climbing the tree. Which is fine in and of itself. I have NO problem with them climbing the tree. The problem I have is when the stakes are sticking out of the ground. I can just imagine them falling out of the tree and being skewered to death by these stakes.
Hunny on the other hand has no problem with this and tells me to relax, that they will be fine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The other night I had lots of bananas, so the kids wanted to help me make Banana Bread. Brother especially was excited as he doesn't usually WANT to help me.

I enjoyed my time with him.
(Please don't look at the messy counters.....I also made chicken noodle soup, and hadn't yet cleaned up. :>0 )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Remember the lawn mower???????

Last week, Hunny called me and told me that the lawn mower just got stolen. 10:00 o'clock in the morning, it got stolen right out of the garage.
He had been working in the kids room and walked into the breezeway and heard something in the garage. He opened the door to the garage and saw a man getting into his car with our mower sticking out of the trunk.
( I hope it breaks on him.)
He shouted at him, and the guy took off down the alley.
To say that I was angry is quite the understatement.
This is the 2nd time in five months.
I think I was more angry about this then the 1st time.
This jerk knew that someone was home. He didn't care. Because seriously....what is the police going to do about it? NOTHING!!!!
He wasn't even a young guy. He should know better. He was a middle aged loser of a "man."
Hunny drove around looking for the guy, but he never saw anything.
They did absolutely nothing when the house got broken into. They just took our info and said...well, we probably won't ever find out who did this. (Which we knew.)
So Hunny didn't even call the police. ( Which I would have, but what's done is done.)
I think 1 of the things that is so upsetting is the fact that I feel sort of like a prisoner in my own home.
I have the RIGHT to have my windows open in my house and not have to worry about someone climbing in them and rifling through my house and stealing my things.
I have the RIGHT to have my garage door open and not have some idiot think they can go shopping in my garage.
This is MY RIGHT.
It is my RIGHT to have my children feel safe in their home and yard.
It is my RIGHT to feel safe in my home, and feel safe with my kids playing in the yard.
It makes me angry that these RIGHTS are being taken from me by some moronic imbecile.
Anyway.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think I have a new favorite Bible verse.
I John 3: 23 ~ And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us his commandment.
I overheard something a while ago, that just didn't sit well with me. It has come to my mind many times since hearing it.
I heard that the most important thing to God is that we (woman) wear skirts or a modest dress.
I was a little dumbfounded when I heard that.
I mean really????......... the most important thing to God is the clothes on my back.
Seriously.
While I believe that we ( men and women) should be modest. I don't think that the most important thing to God is the clothes on our back.
And this verse seals that for me.
He says....
1. Believe on his Son....Jesus Christ.
and
2. Love one another.
That's it.
Simple.
My job every day, every moment, is to do these 2 things.
The 1st thing I already have.
The 2nd 1 is so much harder.
So I think that instead of worrying about what other people are wearing we should be worrying about loving them. (Even moronic imbeciles who steal your mower.)
I think that we as a whole....should let God deal with the clothes on other peoples back.
God won't change their shirt until he changes their heart.
And maybe we will reach more hearts if we not worry about their shirts.
I'm just sayin.
5 comments:
Amen.
I think one of the major problems going on in christian circles is that we forget WHY we are doing all the things that we are busy doing. It isn't to have the most people in the pew or to say we do this or that. We are here to GLORIFY God and spread His love to people so that can know that Love too,
Of course I can only say that because I am wearing an approved skirt at the moment.
oh... and I love the room. Love it. Ca'nt wait to see it.
You will LOVE the room....I know it. Can't wait for you to see it as well.
Maybe you can stop and get the chi machine and then you can see it.
The room looks SO nice. I am so happy for you and the kids!!:)
Love ya. You always make me cry!
Cry??? Why would I make you cry?
I cry because your posts make me cry. The sentimental ones. And I am very sentimental!!! I mean I'm not balling or anything, but the tears do well up.
Post a Comment