Saturday, October 3, 2009

A much needed day.

This weekend we found ourselves without children. Brother went to visit Janelle and Dada spent the night with Grandma G.

So we found ourselves alone. And it wasn't even planned. But much needed.

Last night we wanted to go out on a hot date. And we did go out for dinner, and headed to our favorite store Target for some much needed socks and underwear.

We came home and crashed. It was only 8:45. We were exhausted and totally felt like an "old, married couple." :)

This morning I realized that we had a Lady's meeting at church. I was all ready to go. But the more I thought about it, the more I just wanted to stay home and spend time with Hunny.


So that's what I did.

We have wanted to go to some antique malls in the area for a while now, but it wasn't something that we wanted to do with kids. So today, we got in the car and went. It was so nice just to be able to go where and when you wanted to go.

We went to 1 antique mall and then went to lunch at this little cafe next door.

The we walked across the road to the other one. It was such a neat store. It was HUGE!!! And they had so much stuff at reasonable prices. I had a blast.

It was really just nice to be able to spend some alone time with Hunny. Catch up on things now that life is so busy.

Even though the weather was cold and rainy, it was warm and bright with him beside me.

I made a big pot of chili for dinner with some cheese spread and crackers. We ate in front of the TV watching a movie. It was glorious.

No comments: