On Saturday, Hunny was doing a side job. Dada asked me if it would be all right if she rode her bike. I said that would be ok. She knew to stay in her boundaries. I was sitting in the living room, reading. I was sitting in our recliner so that I could see her out the windows. As she was passing the house on the sidewalk, I looked up and noticed a purple 4 door saturn parked in front of our neighbors house.
Now, since the house got broken into, I have been on high alert for anything unusual happening in the neighborhood.
I have never seen the car before.
I watched as Dada turned around where she was supposed to, and went back down the sidewalk.
The car literally did a u turn in the middle of the street and followed her.
They followed her around the corner and up into the alley.
The followed her as she pulled up to the house.
They stopped in the middle of the alley, right on front of our driveway.
She came running in the house, saying, Mommy, there is a car following me. It's really weird.
The car just sat there.
I told Dada to stay in the house, and I went outside to see what they wanted.
There was no way I wanted someone following my daughter.
As soon as they saw me coming, they took off down the alley.
That of course had me upset.
What in the world did they want with my little girl?
I didn't quite no what to do.
I tried to call my cop friend, but they weren't home.
I finally got a hold of my mom. She said to call the police.
I did.
I gave them a description of the car and what the lady driving looked like.
They were sending a squad car out.
As soon as I hung up with the police, I looked out into the alley, and there she was again!!!!
She was sitting in the alley in front of our house.
I went out after her again, and she again took off.
There were so many different emotions running through me at this point. I had no idea what this lady wanted. I just know that it didn't look good. I was angry and I was scared.
My kids were born during the disappearance of Elizabeth Smart. I remember thinking and still think, how terrified I would be if something ever happened to 1 of my kids. It is 1 of my biggest fears.
When the police finally came, he asked what Dada had been doing. I told him that she was riding her brothers bike b/c her's was broken.
He said that he might know what this is about and asked to see the bike.
Once he saw it, he explained that on Thursday a lady down the street had her son's bike stolen. It looked like Brother's bike, and the officer thought maybe she was driving around trying to find it. Since he had taken that call, he knew right where she lived and was going to drive down to see if that was in fact what happened.
He came back a couple minutes later, and sure enough that's what happened. She saw Dada riding the bike and thought it looked like her son's and thought that she would try and get a better look.
Well, she saw that she scared Dada and saw me coming and didn't want a confrontation with me, so she took off.
The officer said that she was going to call the police herself and have them meet her at our house to try and explain the situation.
The officer did an excellent job. He knew that I was upset, and he handled it so well.
I am very glad that the whole ordeal was solved and that I know that she was just looking for her kid's bike. But it still scared me to death. Just the thought of someone taking 1 of my kids was enough to make me go crazy.
2 comments:
Oh man! I would have FREAKED out, too. That is so scary. I'm glad you had a sympathetic police officer. I'm with you - I wouldn't have gone looking for the bike. I'd have just figured it was gone. It's not worth stalking or scaring little kids. Just MHO! Either way, I'm glad it got resolved.
Way creepy - I would have felt the same way!
Post a Comment