I remember when my Parents told us that they were going to have a baby. I was in 5Th grade. Melissa was one of my good friends, and her mom was going to have a baby also. Our moms were due on the same day!! I remember going to school and we would find each other and were so anxious to see if the other one had their sibling yet. Melissa's mom had her baby on Valentines day. We kept thinking any day now my mom would have the baby. Every day at school, my teacher and what seems like everyone would ask me if my mom had the baby yet. FINALLY a WHOLE WEEK and a day later, Joy made her grand entrance into the world. My sister Jessica woke me up telling me that my mom had gone to the hospital and she was having the baby. I was finally able to go to school and tell everyone that my mom was having a baby.
My dad took us to the hospital one night and it was pretty cool seeing her for the first time! I remember holding her and just knowing that I was going to love her forever and ever!!
I look forward to seeing her go to college, ( Maranatha Joy, Marantha, just accept it!!) and finding a husband, and getting married. Oh yah, just so everyone knows, I call dibs on being the Made of Honor!!
So as she celebrates her 18th bday, I hope she has the best one ever, and may no stupid boys make you cry!
3 comments:
It does not seem possible that Joy is 18. I remember when she turned 6. Crazy!
I too remember when Joy was born. I remember you used to carry her up and down Seminary Ave. in the summer.
Joy was still very young when your parents joined Windsor - I remember her, since we were there then! She is a very lovely young woman! Happy birthday to her!
Post a Comment