Thursday, March 1, 2007

To love

I was watching TV the other day, and a question was asked whether you like to love or be loved. I have been thinking about this off and on ever since then. At first I wanted to say that I want to love. But upon further pondering, I think that I would like to be loved instead. That is my selfish nature, to get what I can get without putting much effort into it. And while I like being loved, I feel bad that that is how I am. I feel like I should be unselfish and get on my high horse, like the people on this show, and say, oh, well, I like to love. I think that if most people are very honest they will say that they want to be loved rather then to love someone. Now I must admit loving someone has its blessings. I love the fact that I can love my husband and he is open to my love and he accepts it. I think that I have thought a lot about this b/c I believe that love is not a feeling. Love is a daily choice to commit to this person, to choose to put your focus and adoration on this person. Let's face it, it is very hard to have a committed, loving relationship just based on feelings, choice has to come into play on this. I don't believe that you can "fall out of love" w/ someone. You CHOOSE not to love them. I think it would brake my heart if hubby told me that he fell out of love w/ me. What he is really telling me is that I chose not to love you anymore. You are not worth my love. And that would kill me. So w/ all that being said, I am going to try hard to want to love. To work harder at making his life easier, to show him more that I love him.

No comments: