Friday, June 26, 2015

The Stain

So a while back.... when it was rainy and cool.. oh wait... it's still rainy and cool...

I was sitting on my bed one morning reading my bible study.

I had just gotten the perfect cup of steaming hot coffee. I had taken the time that morning to use my French Press which I am madly in love with. I used my delicious Berres Brothers highland grogg coffee.

And I was just getting comfortable....

When all of a sudden.....

SoMeHoW....

I spilled my steaming hot coffee all over me. all over my bed. all over my study book. all over my bible.

After I got it cleaned up, I sat back down and really couldn't even remember what had happened. It was like my hand lost all it's strength and just dropped the coffee.

I was a little upset bc I have permanent stains on my Bible. 


I was thinking about my stained Bible this morning as I was pondering over what I was recently involved in.

I was getting comfortable in a room with others when I said something about someone that I shouldn't have said. I didn't really mean to. It just came out without thinking.

I feel terrible about it.

I don't know really how to make amends.

I got to thinking about how our words once said, can never be taken back.

They are like my stained bible.

While I can try and clean up the mess.

The stain will always be there.

The stain on their reputations. Whether what I said was true or not. Their reputations are tarnished to the people I was talking to.

The stain on my reputation as a gossip.

 
What a lesson.
 
While I don't like the stain on my Bible. It is a good reminder. That sometimes. Things can't be made right..... like it had never happened.
 
It can be forgiven.
 
But sometimes the stain will be remembered.

No comments: