Sunday, December 15, 2013

My day with Nathan

Last Sunday, Jeremy, Maddie and Emma weren't feeling the greatest.

I have been looking for an opportunity to spend some one on one quality time with Nathan.

We went to church.

Went out to lunch.

We had already planned to get our Christmas Tree last weekend, so Nathan and I decided we would go ahead and get it.

So out we went.

In the snow.

We searched all the trees until we found the perfect one.


Nathan did most of the cutting.


I only helped a little. ;)




Then we came home and decorated it.

I dare say it is the most perfect tree we have ever had.

It is the perfect size for our living room.

I actually really enjoyed it being just Nathan and I. We don't really get a lot of time with just the 2 of us. We don't get a whole lot of time together. I think I need to do that more often.

 
Isn't it funny how much better you feel once your tree is up?
 
Now if I could just start my Christmas shopping.

5 comments:

Beth said...

It's a pretty tree, for sure! I've never had a real one. I wonder what that's like . . . lol

I try to fit in some one on one time with all the kids every so often just so they don't forget what that's like, ha.

amber. said...

that looks like the perfect date! and your tree is gorgeous - great shape!!

don't worry. i've not started my christmas shopping yet either. :/

Unknown said...

the tree is PERFECT! and how nice to get that 'quality time' with your son!
merry Christmas!

Cindy said...

looks lovely! and sounds like a great day together.

good_to_be_home said...

I love this post! And I like how you have those signs hung down the wall like that, it looks so nice!