I have never been to Galena. It is always someplace that I have wanted to go, but just haven't made it there.
Until now.
Last week, I was finally able to go.
I had a lovely day with Melissa and her mom Melanie.
(I cant believe that I failed to get a picture of us!)
I think the most exciting part of the day for me was lunch.
We went to a place called Frits and Frites.
We thought it would be just a fun little diner.
It wasn't.
It was a little more high class then what we were expecting.
I had a steak salad with a lingonberry vinaigrette. It was surprisingly good, although I wasn't expecting the steak to be cold.
Jeremy would have hated it.
Oh, and I tried liver.
Something I don't think I need to try again.
;)
We spent the day roaming the main street.
Melanie, who has spent many days there, showed us some of the best shops.
This was a cute little ice cream shop. The smell drew us into the store. They make their own waffle cones. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to have any. Maybe next time.
Before we left, we did make our way to the homemade popcorn shop. They were making caramel corn. MY FAVORITE.
And this is what a day in Galena does to a baby. :) Madelyn and Emma were super. They didn't fuss at all.
I really did have a lovely day.
I can't wait to go back. This time I would love to go with Jeremy. (not that I didn't enjoy my company) but it is such a little romantic town. I was telling Jeremy all about my day and how I want to go back, and he said....set it up. So who knows, maybe someday soon, I will have a romantic weekend away with the love of my life.
2 comments:
Love Galena... that's where we honeymooned. Next time try the restaurant Fried Green Tomatoes--awesome food!
We wanted to go there, but it was closed. :( A lot of the restaurants were closed that day for lunch.
Post a Comment