Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Happy Labor Day!!

We celebrated Labor Day with a picnic with our friends. It was originally supposed to be at our house, but as the numbers grew, Jp and Tancy opened their home instead. And it worked out wonderfully there. The kids were able to run and play and have a great time. Which means that the parents had a relaxing and enjoyable day!! YAH!!

To start out with, I felt awful for little #3 (but not awful enough to put away the camera!) Right before everyone showed up her bird Joseph died. :(

To say she was distraught is an understatement. But Tancy got her mind busy on making Joseph a shrine....I mean coffin. ;)



I'm sorry I just giggle every time I see that picture of her.

Once her girl friends showed up, they took #3's mind off of Joseph and onto funner things.....like playing.....

The girls would barely stand still long enough to snap a picture!



Tancy has a couple great pine trees in the front yard, and the kids have played many a summer day under those trees.



Now here's 2 trouble makers!!



Have you ever met a 12 year old boy? I never really knew how um....weird....they are.

This picture took about 3 tries and well let's just say some coercion from their Mother's. ;)



After dinner, the ladies decided to play a game of Nertz. Fun fun game.

Some of the kids were interested in what we crazy ladies were playin!




Here Tancy is trying to explain to us how to play it!



After our game we decided to have a funeral service for Joseph.

I think the bird dying couldn't have happened on a better day. All the goings on really distracted #3 from her sadness.



The kids even sang Amazing Grace. :)



The graveside visitors....




#3 and her very supportive parents.




What a lovely day we had. The weather was beautiful and the conversation was flowing. I know that the ladies will hate this picture of them. ( I was trying to set my camera up for a timer picture which didn't turn out!! )

But for some reason I love it. maybe it's cuz I'm not in it!! ;)

1 comment:

Heather said...

It was such a beautiful day for a picnic! Glad you all had fun!!!