Thursday, July 1, 2010

An afternoon at the creek

My favorite berry is blackberries.

A couple years ago while walking along some local trails, we discovered a BUNCH of blackberry bushes.

So yesterday, Tancy and I decided that we would pack up the kids and head to the trails.






Since there weren't to many berries, we still thought it was a good time to take the kids on a hike, and let them enjoy nature.



What do boys do when they are bored with hiking? Play with horse poop of course!! At least they weren't slinging it at the girls who were busy picking flowers!!



What better thing to do when you come through a creek but to charge right through it! They were of course soooooo HOT that they just HAD to cool off in the creek.

Tancy and I both thought.....eh....why not.

I think we both later on 2nd guessed that decision. ;)

Especially Tancy who had to wade ACROSS the creek to get 1 of her daughters who REFUSED to come back after crossing it once! She couldn't see the bottom she said.



Brother was the 1st one in the creek and almost the last 1 out. I think everyone was waiting for him to make sure it was ok.

He even ventured up the creek b/c there was something sticking out of the water which the kids thought was a turtle.

It was a leaf.



The kids were fascinated by the little dam.




After some more hiking, we finally did find some more berries. I think though that we ate more then we picked.

We even found some chokeberries. Yah!! I hope you can hear the sarcasm. Maybe that will be the last time that Tancy will listen to an 11 year old. ;)



And yes, that is a corn stalk. SOME little boy decided to enter into a farmers field and help him harvest his corn. I won't mention the little boys name. We quickly put the corn harvesting to an end.

2 comments:

Heather said...

LOL!!! I love the smiles on all of the kids faces!!! :)

Tancy Griffin said...

what fun. ESPECIALLY THE BERRIES