Tuesday, May 25, 2010

SuMmEr is HeRe!!!!

Boy is it raining cats and dogs out!!!!! I think I even hear some hail. I LoVe thunderstorms!!

Oh how we have longed for summer! I know that I have NeEdEd a slower pace of life. It is something that my soul has yearned for.

The kids have been BEGGING me to spend the night with their cousins. FINALLY we have been able to do it!

I think that Brother was seriously beginning to lose hope.

Yesterday, we pulled out the swimming pool and holy cow, I wasn't prepared for how much time was going to be spent in it!!

Dada and Elisa spent from about 10:00 to about 4 in it! I made them go inside for about an hour cuz they were getting mighty red! Poor Elisa is so fair...it didn't matter how much sunscreen they put on, she just kept getting redder and redder. Her poor little back last night was on fire!

But they had a blast and couldn't wait to get back in the pool again today! They were already swimming at 9:00 this morning!

I tried to make them keep a t shirt on to protect their shoulders and back....but they kept complaining about it and next thing you knew, they were cast aside.

I tried!! :)


When Brother got home later this afternoon, you could tell he was ready to jump in the pool! He grabbed his trunks and "dove" in!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture!! He is such a goofy little kid! I think he has my sense of humor! ;)






What a GrEaT start to summer!



Hunny's job today was cleaning the gutters!



Dinner is in the oven. Baked chicken w/ mashed potatoes, corn and maybe some biscuits. YUMMY!!! And what's dinner without dessert? Cookies n Cream ice cream....can't wait! I think I have a hankering for some sweet iced tea also.

The rain has stopped. Brother just asked if he could get back in the pool. :0

It's official.....SuMmER is HeRe!!!!!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Kevin made his first batch of sweet tea yesterday....He loves that stuff!! Yeah for summer!!