Monday, May 17, 2010

Stuffed Peppers

So tonight I made stuffed peppers for dinner. I have made them before and I will admit that we bribed the kids to eat them. Hunny told the kids that if they ate them he would get them ice cream for dessert. They of course choked them down, and then happily ate their ice cream.

After eating dinner, they both agreed that it wasn't really that bad. That it kinda tasted...ok.

It has been a couple months since I have forced the kids to eat these.

So I made them again tonight.

You could right off tell that Dada wasn't thrilled.

Brother said that they actually looked....good.

Dada took a couple bites and that was about it. We again tried to bribe them with ice cream. (We said that we would go to a little ice cream shop that has opened up for the season. We haven't been there in a year or so.....she thought we were trying to pull a fast one on them.....she thought we were going to take them to a cheese store.)

Anyway.....

She asked to be excused.....and we told her that when she was hungry her plate would be waiting for her. That she wasn't going to get something different later for a snack.

She said ok....she wasn't hungry anyway.

A little while later, she handed me this note.


If you need help reading it, it says....
Dear Mom,
I hate what we are having for dinner. It is so discusting. (her spelling)

I think that that will be the last time that I serve stuffed peppers. Although I love them, I think that this is a meal that my family is just not fond of........what do you think??

No comments: