Friday, February 26, 2010

OnE TrUe GoD

I sit here today in awe and wonder at my God.

I have been having a very hard time lately in my personal life.

I have been wondering how much of all of this I can take. I remember during the time of the accident and even before when Hunny got laid off (way back then) that in a year, things will look better.

This CAN'T last a WHOLE year right?!?!

Silly me.

18 months later, still no work.

My God has been faithful though.

Side jobs have come along at just the right time. God has blessed Hunny with a friend who has been able to give him work as well. It has always come at the right time.

But I thought that surely he would have HIS job back in a year.

Obviously that year has come.

I remember sitting in a ladies meeting in church when that thought hit me.

I bawled the entire ladies meeting.

I was overwhelmed.

But God got me through that, and now I don't think about the time of all of this, but I look at how God has always provided before and that he will continue to provide.

It's definitely not always been easy. And I still have moments of worry and fear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During this whole time, I have had a prayer of my heart.

I have prayed that we wouldn't walk through this fire untouched. That God would mold us and make us more like him.

I prayed this prayer not ever even THINKING that this prayer would be answered.

Ephesians 3:20 ~ Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.

I sit here amazed at my God.

I have seen my God working in our lives.

To see the hand of God moving and leading is THE best thing I have ever experienced in my entire life.

He did that for me.

Not BECAUSE of me.

But. for. me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are still here.

No work.

Sometimes bleak outlooks.

But now I can now finally rejoice in this huge long trial.

There is a reason for it.

He has changed me and my family.

I serve an amazing God.

Do you?

3 comments:

Heather said...

You know what....

I had this verse going through my mind on Tuesday at dinner. Nahum 1:7 The Lord is good a stronghold in a day of trouble and he knoweth them that trust in Him.

You have trusted in Him. You have kept close to Him and have been that example to me that I have needed.

Julie, from the bottom of my heart thank you for our friendship!

Tancy Griffin said...

My heart aches for you. I hate that this all has happened to you in the last couple years.

I have been amazed at how God has sustained you. He continues to carry you through it all. I know that it has been so so difficult for you. I wish I could take it all away.

You know that I say Sit back and let God wow you. He has wowed you, and will continue to do so!

God is providing and will continue to do so!

Ann with an E said...

You have grown so much and I am so blessed to have you in my life!!:) Love you!