When I was in 7Th grade, I took a test. I know what a shock....a test in 7Th grade. But it was some kind of placement/aptitude test. Something that put you in a profession that your profile fit.
The 1st place it put me was the food industry.
And the 2ND was on the radio.
After the test was taken, we got to actually go and visit the different industries that the test said we would do well in.
I remember standing in this huge industrial kitchen thinking.....holy cow, this is pretty cool.
But then I went to the radio station.....a country radio station( can you believe it?) and I thought that was so AWESOME. (not the music, but just being at a radio station) I even was able to read the news on air. I even had some people at our church tell me that they heard me on the radio........WHAT?!?!?! YOU MEAN THAT CHRISTIAN PEOPLE LISTEN TO COUNTRY??( oh, wait....that is another post)
I can only imagine what it sounded like to have a 6th grader read the news on the air.
Anyway.
Fast forward to the present time.
As you know, about 2 weeks ago, God literally threw the opportunity to work in the kitchen in my lap.
Now, if anyone really knows me, they know that I DON'T like to be in charge. I like it when you tell me to do something, and then I can gladly do it.
But I knew that I would be in CHARGE of the kitchen. Me in CHARGE. That scared me to death. Success or fail, it was on me.
But surprisingly, I wasn't afraid.
I was excited.
And quite honestly, after a week, I still am excited.
My work load has at least tripled. And the money.....well never mind, let's not talk about the money.
But I have(....in a job), NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY.
I LOVE MY JOB!!!!
I know, I know......you glass 1/2 empty people......you think.....geesh, it's only been a week. Give her a month, and she will cross over to the other side.
I have put more hours and effort and time into this kitchen (just ask my hubby!!!) then ANY other job in my life. It's my kitchen. I love to see it sparkle and shine when I walk out of it at the end of the day.
At the end of the day, I am exhausted. I come home and wonder if I can do it again tomorrow. But tomorrow comes, and after a good night sleep and a gallon of coffee, I can't wait to get started again. And I know this may shock some. But I am actually on TIME!!!!
I heard tell, that Beth Moore once described the desires of your heart as something that doesn't change with time or emotions.
I wish I could tell you how many times that I would be making something.....cookies, bread, pizza, roast, the list could go on. That I have thought how much fun it would be to have a little restaurant someplace. It would always just be a passing thought. Something I never thought would ever come to fruition. But it has been a thought for as long as I could remember.
So I would consider that a desire of my heart. It didn't change with time or emotion. But God gave it to me. And since he put this opportunity in my lap, I want to do all to his honor and glory. Not in my name, but in his. He has seriously given me remarkable strength these past 2 weeks.
Psalm 37 :4 ~ Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Not only do I get to have fun at work, do something I love, but I can be with my kids while doing it. The desires of my heart.
Beth stopped in the kitchen today to say hi while dropping off her kids, and she looked at me, and she said......you really do like this don't you? You really are excited. I honestly am.
4 comments:
that's cool...its soooooooooooooooooo much better than before also. even if people don't realize it at first...and if you took that test in 7th grade who was the 6th grader reading the news? lol. just giving you a hard time ;D
who is my anonymous poster?!?!
I wrote that at 6 this morning, I didn't really even realize that I wrote that!!! I did take the test in 7th grade though....not 6th!!! :)
um... it has only been a week... I am sure you will hate it soon ;)
welcome my 1st half glass empty poster!!!
Post a Comment