Proverbs 15:15b ~ but he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast.
This verse just popped out at met the other day, and it has been on my heart ever since.
This summer it has been easy to think about the things that we do NOT have or we can't do, or can't get. And all that ever does is make me disgruntled and not at peace. I can't live like that. Who wants to live like that??
Proverbs 15:16-17 ~ Better is little with the fear of the Lord then great treasure and trouble therewith. Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith.
But the more I thought about our life and our home, I realized that I am happy. I would rather be walking with the Lord and have the love of my husband, then all the wealth in the world.
So I go back to a merry heart. I think for the most part I have a merry heart. Yes, there are times when fear grabs ahold of my heart, and I look to the what ifs. What if we loose this, or what if this happens. I will admit that I have woken in the middle of the night and my mind wanders and I start to worry and fear about all the bad things that could happen.
2 Timothy 1:7 ~ For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
But fear is not of God. During those times of gut wrenching fear, I must turn it all over to God.
Jeremiah 29:11 ~ For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
He is not going to let us fall, to be broken.
It has been so exciting to look back at the last year and see how God has supplied for this need and that need. I serve an amazing God.
We had Zach and Sara Bruner....missionaries to the Amazon Basin, at our church a couple months ago. I can't recall what he spoke on, but I know they sang a song that spoke to the very core of my being.
It's called God's been Good
I had never heard this song before. I love the 2nd verse......
Times replay and I can see that I've cried some bitter tears,
but I've felt his arms around me as I've faced my greatest fears
I've had more gains then losses and I've known more joy then hurt
as his grace rolled down upon me undeserved.
God's been good in my life,
I feel blessed beyond my wildest dreams when I go to sleep each night
though I've had my share of hard times, I wouldn't change them if I could
cuz through it all, God's been good
No comments:
Post a Comment