Sunday, June 14, 2009

A huge blessing

For the past 2 weeks, Beth and I have been very, very busy. We have been working on a project for our very dear friend Tancy. She has been overwhelmed and very very busy this past year. I knew that she had 1 stress point in her life. And knowing that, I couldn't help but try and relieve that stress.

When I realized that they would be gone on vacation for 2 whole weeks, my mind started spinning with all that could be accomplished. I immediatly talked to Hunny and Kevin, 2 people by which the suprise wouldn't have happened without their help. I talked to Tancy's mom, and with the green light, Beth and I showed up and Tancy's ready to get to work.

We started by cleaning out the attic, which is were the toy room and the girls room is to be. We coerced all the kids into helping us remove the toys and dumping them into the living room.

That made it possible for Hunny and Kevin to be able to hang drywall and lay the flooring.

Beth and I then headed back over to organize the room.

What fun I have had. If you have never given of yourself for the good of someone else, I will tell you that you are truely missing out on 1 of the best joys in life. Yesterday, when we were finishing up, I was teary eyed trying to imagine Tancy's face when she walked up those stairs.

Another thing that I have to mention is the shear joy our kids have had in knowing that they were doing something good for their friends. What a great lesson it was for our kids to see.

For more on the story visit Tancy's blog. She also has pictures posted!!!

1 comment:

Ann-Marie said...

I am so honored to know you and be related to Beth! I read Tancy's post on Facebook and was just in tears over the blessing you were all a part of - truly inspirational! It was such a reminder of how much we can be a blessing to others! I'm so happy you were there for Tancy!