Sunday, May 17, 2009

Homemade Guacamole

I made guacamole for the 1st time ever today. Since eating at my favorite restaurant is Chipotle, I have let my taste buds go wild. I have always hated guacamole! ALWAYS!!! But Chipotle makes the best guacamole!! And I decided that I wanted to try and make my own! I mean it can't be that hard right?!

(As I sit hear writing this, I am wishing that I took pictures of it! )

Here is the "recipe" that I used. It was quite delicious.

2 avocados, halved, seeded and peeled ( I just scored them and cute the fruit out!! )
a little cilantro ~ I don't like cilantro
1 clove of garlic
2 cherry tomatoes cut up small
1/2 a jalapeno, seeded
1/4 of an onion, chopped finely

Mash the avocados, and then combine the rest of the ingredients.

I think next time I will add a little lime in it and more jalapenos.


It doesn't taste as good as Chipotles, but it was still good.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I also TRIED to make Kabobs. Which I have to admit, that I failed miserably. The meat was to tough. I thought that I had just cooked the meat to long, but I think I think that it was really just tough.

2 comments:

Sean and Cara said...

When I make guacamole, I put in cilantro, salt, and lime and then a few tablespoons of store-bought pico de gallo, or a nice restaurant quality salsa - that saves me chopping time if I'm in a hurry, plus you tend to get a more developed flavor as all the salsa ingredients have "married". Otherwise, if I want a simpler guac, I just do the salt, cilantro, lime, and then a few dashes of Mr. Dash's garlic and herb. YUM!!!!! Now you've made me want guacamole...

a joyful nusiance said...

That is a GREAT idea!!! I will have to try that when I make it again!