Saturday, March 7, 2009

Our 1st Friday Night Fish Fry

Last night, we went to a fish fry with some of our friends. I have been looking forward to this all week. I wasn't just looking forward to fish, but the time spent with some of our friends. I think building friendships is so important.
The kids weren't to sure about where we were going. We kept telling them we were going to a fish fry, but they just weren't sure about it. Dada kept asking me what ELSE they have to eat there. Once they heard that Victoria and Logan were going to be there, they were just fine with it! Notice Brother's knife?? Don't worry, we promptly took the knives away from the children. Oh, and then we took away the forks after they started having a fork fight!!

Jared is the one who told us about the fish fry. He was trying to beat his record of, I think 13 fillets, and 6 tubs of tater sauce!! I don't think he beat the record last night.

I think it would be great to see Hunny, Kevin and Jared in a fish eating contest. Wouldn't it be funny seeing them sitting all in a row with a plastic bib with a picture of a fish on it, with tater sauce all over their face?? I giggle just thinking about it!


Hunny and me!

The kids were a little rowdy. Brother would not settle down, and since we were sitting in the corner of the restaurant, Hunny told him to stand in the corner. It must have worked, b/c he wasn't naughty after that!
After we were done, we went outside and I was taking pictures of the kids on a bench, and some random lady sat down and wanted to take a picture with the kids!!
I think that Dada is still in love with Jared. She told us a while ago that Jared wasn't her "boyfriend" anymore, but I think she still might have a crush on him.

Jared got the kids hopes up by telling us about an ice cream shop down the street. Unfortunately it was still closed for the season, but the damage was done, the kids wanted ice cream. Luckily there was a little store up the street, that sold some ice cream. Kevin bought them each some and they were very content!
They walked around the sidewalk eating their ice cream.
Well, that was until Hunny picked up Logan and spun him around, making Logan's feet kick Dada's ice cream out of her hand. Thankfully she was almost done, so no tears were shed!! :)

I know that I really enjoyed myself last night. It was a little chilly as the sun went down, but I was so happy that it wasn't really COLD!! With a sweatshirt, you were just fine. I love jeans and sweatshirt weather!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

We had a blast and am so happy that we have been able to build such a great friendship with you...and also the kids get along so well!! :)

I can totally see the guys lined up eating with plastic bibs!! :)

Ann-Marie said...

Sounds like fun - especially the part with the ice cream! YUM! So glad you have good friends!