Thursday, February 12, 2009

When a man loves a woman


This week loVe has been on my mind more then usual. I have tried to show my family this week how much I love and cherish them.


I am a hopeless romantic. My heart melts when people get engaged, and at weddings, and even over silly romantic movies. I can't ever get my fill of romance. I am so thankful for the man that God has given me. Although he is not a hopeless romantic (in fact he isn't romantic at all) I have never doubted his love for me. He shows me in a thousand different ways each and every day that he loves me. But most importantly I can see it in the way he looks at me. I remember the first time he kissed me. I saw him coming and I knew what he wanted. You could see it written on his face that he was going to kiss me. And kiss me he did! I have never forgotten that kiss! There was an older lady standing there who saw the whole thing and later she told me that she has waited her whole life to be kissed like that! So although I may not be "wined and dined" I know I am loved and that is enough.

In reading my bible I have fallen in love with different verses and chapters. I thought I would share some of my favorite with you.


Song of Solomon 1:2~Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better then wine.


Song of Solomon 2:6 ~His left hand is under my head, and his right hand doth embrace me.


Song of Solomon 2:16a~My beloved is mine, and I am his:

Ephesians 5:31~For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
Ephesians 5:33~Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.
I could go on and on, but these are some of my favorite. They just help to show the amazing bond that is between a man and a woman.

1 comment:

Dayna Greeson said...

You are a hopeless romantic Jules!
I love reading your blog - you are a great woman.
Men are certainly "romantic" in their own way, but it is such a great feeling know that you are loved nontheless.
:)
Hope you guys have a great Valentine's Day.