Rough doesn't begin to describe our day yesterday. Sue called from school saying that Dada was slurring her words and they couldn't get her to calm down. ( I was sick at home....I have strep throat) Hunny rushed to school.....and he tried to give her some Mountain Dew and put icing in her mouth, but she wouldn't swallow. She kept spitting everything out. I couldn't stay at home, I couldn't stand to not see what was going on with my kid. So I went to school. By the time I got there, he tongue was starting to swell. And she was going in and out of consciousness. We called 911, and the ambulance came. By the time they got there she was completely unconscious.
This was all do to a low blood sugar, no snack, and high activity at school. (yesterday was their merit activity). By the time the ambulance left the school she was coming to. She wasn't talking but her eyes were open and she was alert.
We went to the hospital and they monitored her for a little while. She was still kinda out of it. She would be trying to talk to me and she would be trying to look at me, but I would be across the room from where she was looking. And she would just talk about the craziest things. She kept going on and on about how Samantha won't be at the American girl store for much longer and how she wants to get it so bad for Christmas. Her sugar then went high, and she got really tired and started throwing up. She threw up twice at the hospital. The nurse finally sent us home, cuz she realized we knew more about how to take care of her then they did, so they sent us home with instructions to follow up with our doctor.
When we got home I gave her a nice hot bath to wash the puke away, and she threw up again. She was so tired......she didn't even want to go trick or treating....she just wanted to go to bed. I told her that she didn't have to go trick or treating. We monitored her sugar throughout the night. She would be low 1 hour and be really high the next. At 1:30 she was 37. She was asking me for some cold milk. So I made her a pb &j and gave her a cold glass of milk. That was 1 of the scariest things I have ever been through!!
3 comments:
Oh my, that is SO scary. I can't even imagine how worried you all were. I'm so glad that she is feeling better - what a tough day! Praying for you all...and continued health.
Wow, what a day!! Praise God she is okay! We love you guys!
Beth
You and your hubby are truly amazing parents!! Dada is lucky to have you. I can only imagine how scary it was. I hope she continues to get better as the week goes on! :)
Post a Comment