Wednesday, July 9, 2008
A trip to Menards and the pool
I am able to watch my friend Heather's kids this week. We have been so busy!!
1 of the most exciting things that have happened this week is that Victoria lost 1 of her teeth!! She was so super excited about this!! Me on the other hand I wasn't so excited about touching it. For some reason loose teeth gives me the hebe jebe's. (at school whenever kids have loose teeth I always tell them that Mrs. Ratze would love to see their teeth, and they run happily off to show their teacher!!) So Victoria and I were both lucky when the tooth fell right off in her hand! Thank you Jesus ;)
I love how Dada's hair looks braided, so I decided to braid both of the girls hair!! They loved it! And they both looked adorable.
Work continues at Tancy's. I am telling you they will have torn down and rebuilt the entire addition. They have had to tear down literally 2 whole walls, and most of a 3rd one. Chris and Steve have done an amazing job! Chris and Steve are also so patient. Here Steve is explaining to Esther how to do something.
Tancy is right in the thick of it! I don't think I have ever seen her work so hard! She has only stopped to sleep I think.
Tancy and JP needed a little bonding time! ;)
Tancy and I took the kids to Menards. We had to get some 30 sheets of OSB and 20 2 x 4's. We of course took the kids! I think they enjoyed the trip to the home improvement store.
They didn't however enjoy waiting in the lumber yard for the 2 x 4's. The employees at Menards are terrible. So we had to wait for a while. I eventually let the kids sit in the back of the pickup b/c it was so hot!! The funny part about our trip to Menards is that as soon as we pulled onto the highway Tancy had 10 sheets of OSB fall onto the highway. You should have seen Tancy and I trying to pick up all the OSB off the highway with cars flying by and honking at us. There was a very nice man who stopped and helped us. He did point out to us that maybe we should have tied it down or something before we left. We thanked him for his advice and them tied it down as soon as he pulled away.
After a little work, the kids and I headed over to the pool. I think I was just as excited as they were to get into the pool. I was also so thankful for Heather and Hayley who came and helped me keep watch over all the kids.
Victoria couldn't wait to get in the pool. We had her floaties blown up and she was jumping in in no time!
Logan on the other hand wasn't to sure about the pool. This was his idea of "getting his head wet!"
1, 2, 3.....JUMP!!!
Heather and 2 of her favorite kids. She was so great with taking the kids around in the pool.
#3 is just cheesin for the camera.
And I think my favorite picture of the day is this 1 of Dada. I think she just looks adorable!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Man, I can't wait to see how that house looks when all the remodeling is done! I bet it's going to SHINE.
More pool photos...I'm so envious...nice cool water! I love the Dada "scuba" photo!
Please tell me one thing...why do i spend money on swim lessons for my son who just puts his head in the pail of water instead of getting in?? Honestly, he does really well at that pool...
Love all of the pictures!!! Again...i can't thank you enough for doing all you did this week!!!
Post a Comment