Tuesday, February 12, 2008

God's protection

So last Friday night, my Hubby and I went over to our dear friends house for a great night of fondue and fun. We had my sister and her friend come over to watch our kids and our friends kids. (there were 9 kids here total !) We got home, the house was still standing, the kids were alive, and the toys were put away. I was happy.

Well Sat night, it was incredibly cold, I think the temp itself was in the negatives. The wind chill was -30 or something like that. We went to bed, thankful for our warm house.

About 1 o'clock, I woke from a dead sleep, not knowing what I heard, but knew I heard something and was sure that someone was breaking in our house, and stealing my kids. (Tancy, how do you like that run on sentance??) I woke up hubby, and told him to go check on the kids, he did, and I could hear him mumbling sweet nothings about his darling wife all the way to the kids room. He of course came back with I was hearing nothing and an "order" to go back to sleep. I of course laid there wondering what it was I had heard. And then I heard it again, and so did he! I wasn't crazy! It was a pop, something I had never heard before, we had no idea what it was! But I didn't hear it again, and so I slowly drifted off to sleep.

Until about an hour later, I hear this little pop again. But hubby doesn't seem worried, so I go back to sleep.

About 5, I woke up to hubby getting up and walking around the house. We continue to hear this pop but we have no idea what is was. Hubby checked all the doors, the windows, the basement. Nothing, we go back to bed, wondering what it was.

We went to church wondering what the noise could of been. Hubby, decided that he thought maybe it was the bricks on our house cracking our something. We chalked it up to that.

Well, last night, hubby went to turn on the oven to make a pizza, and he noticed that the oven was on. It was set to 400. And we realized that the oven had been on since Friday night. And that the popping noise had to have been the oven Sat night.

So the point of this long drawnout story, is that I am so thankful for God's protection. We could have had a fire that night. I am humbled at his protection.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'M GLAD YOU GUYS ARE SAFE. THAT IS SCARY TO IMAGINE HOW IT COULD HAVE TURNED OUT.

Anonymous said...

LOL. I'M GLAD I HAVE 3 LINKS IN YOUR FRIENDS LIST YOU MUST REALLY LIKE ME. LOL.