Friday, December 7, 2007

A blessing

I took this from my other blog that I stopped writing on.




My heart was so uplifted tonight. Here is the story........We had ladies meeting today and I went and enjoyed my time. Before I left, I had told my husband that I was in the mood to just have fun tonight. I wanted to go out, and just have a good time. So then I went to ladies meeting, and on the way home, hubby called and said that my little sister had called and ASKED if she could babysit, and we didn't have to pay her, she just wanted out of the house. So we had a babysitter and we had a gift card to APPLEBEES ~ thank you Beth!! And so off to dinner we went. We have 2 Applebees in out town and we were going to go to the closest one, and then go grocery shopping right next door. Well, we drove to the nearest one, and they were PACKED!! I mean people standing outside. So we decided to go to the one farther away to see if they were slower. And the whole time over, I was thinking this is ridiculous, we should just stay there at the closer one, and just wait, cuz everywhere is going to be busy at 6:00 on Sat. night. Well, we kept driving and we got there, and it was only a 15 min wait, and as we waited my sister called, and I talked to her, and all of a sudden, the crowd sort of parted and there waiting for a table was a couple who has just started attending our church, so we went over and talked to them, and we ended up eating w/ them. We had such a great time! I know of this girl from when we were in high school, and we would play opposite each other in volleyball, but not much else. But it was so nice to just sit and talk to a new couple in our church. They seem really excited about coming, and they plan on coming tomorrow morning. They have been there the past 2 Sundays. I hope that we made them feel more at ease and not so nervous about coming to a new church. After we left, I was just amazed at how the Lord directed our whole evening. By literally throwing a babysitter at us, and kicking us out of our house, to leading us to the restaraunt we were to be at. And to have such a blessing on top of it all. God is good! By the way.....Beth, God used you in this evening. B/c of your generosity, we were able to go. I truly hope that the Lord blesses you for it. I know it has filled my heart!

No comments: