Thursday, November 8, 2007

Hair

I cannot believe my kids. Everyday I have to fight with them to get up, Maddie always tells me she doesn't feel well, and she is just so tired, and finally after fighting with her for about 10 min, she gets up. So of course on the day that they can sleep in, they are both up running around and blaring music at 6 o'clock in the morning. Yes, I said 6. I couldn't believe it, when they woke up this morning. And while I was laying in bed, praying that by some miracle they actually would fall back to sleep, my mind started racing with all these thoughts about what I could actually blog about. So here I am. Praying that my thoughts won't slip away, b/c it is hard for me to think of something to blog about.

Well, as some of you know, I have been growing my hair out. It has been about 18 months since I have made this decision and my hair is not even shoulder length. I have been so sick of this growing out phase. I thought maybe if I were a different color that would help, so I "highlighted" it blond. Nope, that most definitely didn't help. So then I had it colored. I LOVE my new color. It is a reddish brown on the bottom and strips of gold with the reddish brown. It really does look very nice. I also had it trimmed up just a little. I say all that to say that people have been commenting quite frequently about my hair. The comments range from oh, your hair looks so nice, to have you been doing something different to your hair. I have also gotten the rare, Julie, your hair is actually starting to look nice. But my favorite 1 of all time happened this Sunday by a little old lady in my church. She was staring at me when she was walking past me and she said.........oh you look so pretty, I almost didn't recognize you. Hunny and I just stared at each other in disbelief, and then I said thank you. I sort of took it with a grain of salt. If you knew this lady you would know that she didn't say it to be mean. But I still had to laugh. ( I will post pictures later of my hair )

Well, now the rest of my thoughts are gone, so you will have to wait in anticipation for another day when my kids wake me at the butt crack of dawn. Hopefully that will be a while.

1 comment:

Blended in Texas said...

Okay...so you officially crack me up! You're so funny and 'honest'- I love it! If it helps any, I have never thought your hair looked bad at all! You have always had cute hairstyles whenever I've seen you. Looking forward to the pictures- hope you don't mind that I comment here...you really do crack me up... =)